Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Run....

Today was the Jingle Bell 5K Run that benefited the Arthritis Foundation.  

I ran in memory of my Grandmother who suffered from Arthritis for as long as I can remember (and maybe even longer than that). 

Last night I did in fact have the full blown stomach flu.  I just prayed and prayed that I could make it to my run today, I didn't want to let my friend down who I helped train for this 5K.  

I got myself up and made it out to the run.  The forecast today was 46 degrees and rainy.  There seemed to be a break in the rain during the duration of the run.  With the condition outside and my physical condition I was just praying that I could finish the race without walking (or getting sick).  

Not only did we finish the race but we finished a few seconds ahead of our team goal.  We set a goal when we started training to run our 5K in 33 minutes we ended up finishing at 32 minutes and 47 seconds. 

My friend and I ready for the race!  I'm so proud of us! 


We met up with my Uncle who was also running in the race.  


No comments:

Post a Comment